Thursday 3 April 2008

I didn't like the picture limit in that other blog so. . .

. . . I'm copying and pasting my one entry in that one and making this my travel blog yay!

OK so obviously my written journal will be WAY more important that writing in this blog (especially since my "e" key doesn`t work and I have to cut and paste them all. . . stupid computer), but I figure it will be easier for me to write things here for people to read rather that sending facebook messages more or less containing the same things over and over!

Anyways, a quick summary of some of the cooler (or crazier) things I have done since I have been studying abroad in London:

1. Watching Ewan McGregor as Iago in Othello: with Ian McKellen in the audience and then later walking alone in the street and seeing Ewan walking alone across the street! He smiled at me! And yes as soon as he was out of ear/eye sight I screamed and called people since he is my biggest celebrity crush person

2. Walking from Bath to Bristol: Supposedly there is a "12-Mile Walking/Cycling Path" between the 2 cities that goes through a lot of countryside views and the such. So I decided to take a little jog. It was definitely 18 and NOT 12! But it was worth it because I saw my favorite painting in Bristol - La Belle Dame Sans Merci. Oh and I also got lost on the train on the way back (Bath is only 1 stop away) and accidentally ended up in a different country - Cardiff, Wales


3. Barcelona: is still my favorite place! I miss Park Güell and I had never heard of Gaudi before, but now I`m in love with him! I also forgot to mention how a friend I was with was threatened by a crazy man on the street with a needle - SCARY. The guy didn`t come near me at all, but luckily my friend got away by saying "ayudame" to a man passing by. Considering this happened and Barcelona is still my favorite place says a lot I think.

4. Paris with Shweta: is also one of my favorite places! I`m still not over it! I LOVE Montmartre the most!

5. Day trip to Stockholm with Megan: - yes it`s possible but don`t do it! It`s way too stressful and I aged around 14 years! But it was AMAZING and I want to go back! My tour book btw describes everything in Stockholm as ugly. Weird!

6.
Watching a Murder Trial at Old Bailey: They wear wigs! We watched the Nisha Patel-Nasri Case.

Anyways, I will update this as I travel or do things. . . which will most likely not be until I head off to Scotland in about a week!

No comments: